CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Welcome!!

Welcome to the crazy life of the Sandman's. We hope you will enjoy the journey of our life as shown in photos. We are continually updating this and are learning how this works. Let us know what you think!!
Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 27, 2009

I am a Weanie!!

At least I can admit it!! Right before school was out I had returned from McCook and my Mom brought by our new addition to the family, BG (Baby Girl). I didn't pick the name, but she is 2 and I cannot train her to come to anything else!!! That's another story, but during the time that my Mom took BG to the clinic and returned to our home for coffee, I went out to plant my tomato plant. In my quest to multitask...I came around the south side of the garage and looked down next to the foundation where my plant was and saw a HUGE rattlesnake enjoying the cool location between a planter and the foundation. It wasn't bothered my presence, but I was shaking in my flip flops!!! So I told Haylee to go inside because there was a rattlesnake and she proceeded to lock all the doors! I got my shovel and turned the car around to kill it when it came down the drive way (I am not a weanie in a car). And all the kids came running out to sit in the safe car while we waited for the snake. It was pretty happy where it was and wasn't moving, so I called Derek (my hero) to rid the snake and told me to kill it and I said, "I haven't ever killed a rattlesnake with a shovel, so I am a weanie." He wouldn't be available for a while so I called my Mom to find out where she was...enroute to our home. I needed her snake killing experience to rid the snake. She willing came to the rescue (my other hero). With the shovel, my Mom moved the planters and killed the snake (YEA!!!). It had 6 buttons and was 2 1/2 feet long, at least. I keep the rattle on the kitchen window sill to remind me to always be looking and keep the shovel where it is handy for snake killing.

The next day, I was out watering the planters and other plants and our cat, Ink, pulled out a gardner snake from the same spot!!! Seriously, I don't need any more snakes. I did grow a little bit of confidence to kill that snake. All the snakes need to know that they are not welcome in my yard, after all I have three children.

No comments: