CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Welcome!!

Welcome to the crazy life of the Sandman's. We hope you will enjoy the journey of our life as shown in photos. We are continually updating this and are learning how this works. Let us know what you think!!
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Noah, Unlock the Door!

So, I ran into a friend at the local grocery story and she commented that she loved the story about Noah and the counter. I said thanks and that there were several other stories that I hadn't taken the time to share on our blog, but needed too. Then I rounded another aisle and yet another person asked if Derek had made it home? I was a little puzzled and couldn't for the life of me think of what she was referring too...
Here's how the story goes...
One Sunday after church we decided to grill steaks and enjoy the afternoon with the family, of course, I never know when the grill will run empty on propane (today was the day) and I sent Derek to town with Noah to exchange the tank because after all I couldn't watch him and get the rest of lunch ready when he is continually sneaking out the locked doors and into the steer pen. So off they go in Derek's pickup and it was taking at least 30 minutes or longer when the phone rang and it was Derek asking if I could please bring the extra set of keys in because Noah had locked the pickup doors as soon as Derek got out! And Derek kept coaching him to please hit the button on the door to unlock, but Noah could only lock it!! And with everyone enjoying the laugh Derek called for the keys. Only in a small town could so many enjoy the comedy at the local gas station!! As I am on my way to town, I met Derek coming home. So when I got back I asked how he was able to get back into the pickup? Just by chance, Noah hit the unlock button on the remote which was on the keychain with the keys in the ignition. And that is why several were concerned about Derek making it home since he was locked out of the pickup for 30 minutes in front of Crossroads and the staff there were still laughing about it two days later.

The preface to the story...
In January I volunteered to help take tickets at the theater and then the girls could watch the show Despereaux and Derek would take Noah since he can't sit or stay still for more than a minute. So off to the movie the girls and I go and while I am finishing up the tickets, Derek calls on his cell phone but I cannot hear him because there is something seriously wrong with his phone and I told him that he would just have to call me when he got home. About 10 minutes passes and he calls back while I'm getting refreshments at the concession stand and asks me if there is an extra set of keys to his pickup? And I answer of course, but why does he need them? He said that as soon as he put Noah in the pickup and shut the door that he locked all the doors before Derek could even get around the pickup! And to top it off he coached Noah for over 30 minutes hit the unlock button but no luck. So he was planning on taking the feed truck home to get the set of keys and return to unlock the doors when suddenly he hit the unlock on the remote! All is well and Noah was having a swell time playing inside the pickup, driving, turning etc. Daddy wasn't so pleased, but enjoyed the laugh!!

I think that we might have to invest in those spare key holders that you put under the carriage of the vehicle for easy rescue or it is time to enroll in OnStar!! You can all be the judge, but I think that Noah is pretty inovative and FAST!! It seems that he can't be trusted really any where, literally.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Just wait, he is just getting started!!!

jjharris said...

I'm thinking Noah is going to give you guys a run for your money...a little like Daddy perhaps? :)